Friday, April 15, 2011

Holy Moly....I'm halfway through level two!!! (And TERRIFIED for level three!)

I just finished my fifteenth day of shred which means I'm already halfway through level two. In five short days I will be moving up to level three. SCARY! I'm still DYING on level two. I sweat like nobody's business, and today I literally almost threw up. Gross, but true. I'm really hoping between now and five days from now something drastic changes and I suddenly get a lot more capable or else I'm in trouble. I'm having a hard time typing right now because my arms and hands are so shaky from all those darn plank positions. Oh well. At least I know it's kicking my butt in the best possible way. And when I sweat so badly, I just tell myself that it's my body melting away all this excess fat. Mmm hmm. NO more frumpy. Hot mama. Hot mama. HOT MAMA! I know I have tons of lofty goals, but I do believe I will reach them. Every baby step is still a step in the right direction, all I have to do is keep moving. I know I will get there eventually.

I haven't made much progress in learning to sew, and my "Sink Reflections," has gone down the drain, excuse the pun. I will reread chapter one tonight and try diligently to start again tomorrow. No matter how many times I start again, I WILL be successful before I give up completely. I'm loving "Love and Logic." I'm not an expert at implementing it yet, but I have noticed big changes in how well my three year old behaves, how much less stressed I am, and how much better our relationship is since starting. You all hear my constant jabbering about my experience with shred, but I've done what I've set out to do. I have worked out with it every day, and I will continue to finish out this goal. When I'm done, I will start the C25K program. Someday I think I will try out P90X too. But that will have to wait in line. I feel GOOD about my goals. I'm not perfect, but I'm trying to be better, and that's worth something. And, I've had two readers (possibly the only ones out there,) contact me and tell me that they had started their own shred challenges since reading about my journey. Amazing. I'm so proud of you girls and SO GLAD to have you along on this journey. If I only inspire two people in this whole process, I definitely call that successful.

Anyway, keep watching tonight. I planned my whole day's worth of calories around making a lower calorie version of a, wait for it, Cadbury Mini Eggs cookie I saw on Our Best Bites. Be. Still. My. Heart!!! Ok, I LOVE those stupid little eggs. My family could tell you that perhaps I love them a little too much. (Just ask about my post labor and delivery experience, having people come to visit and eating all of my "reward," mini eggs, and me having a full out crying breakdown over it. Oh boy.) Moving on: I will be making my version of these cookies tonight and will let you know if they're as heavenly as I'm anticipating. Also, my low cal, low fat, low sodium dinner for tonight will be Tuna Curry, Aloo Palak (Potatoes and Spinach Indian style,) and white rice. YUM! See you later my lovelies...

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Just wanted to let you know that there are more than just two people reading your posts! I'm so excited for you! I'm trying to do some pilates with Jillian, but I have yet to try 30 Day Shred. I'm going to have to look into it. I agree. Plank positions are killer, especially on a body ball! Good luck! Love your posts! It's like watching The Biggest Loser in that it's inspiring and gives me motivation to do better. Thanks, Jordon!

    ReplyDelete

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?