Friday, April 22, 2011

Epiphany...and level 3!

All I have to say is, HO-LEE-MO-LEE!!! Level 3 is INTENSE! I only thought I got sweaty before. Good news, less plank positions than level two. Bad news, Jillian makes up for it with plyometrics. Ouch. In case you didn't know, that basically means jump training. It gets your heart pumping super fast. I can BARELY manage the modified version of the last minute of abs. It's hard. But, I just finished my second day and I feel like a conqueror.

I never updated you on my weight. I've only lost a little under a pound since last week. I was surprised, and disappointed, but I know I'm gaining muscle, so I won't worry too much. Also, I know I could be making better food choices and drinking much more water. I've stayed under my calories, but the foods I picked to fill those calories weren't always the wisest ones. Hopefully in these last eight days I can really pull off a miracle.

Other big news, I decided that I was losing my passion for my work (photography) because I wasn't really doing what I love. In this area, weddings and family/group portraits are where the money is, so that's most of what I was shooting. But every time I have a shoot I just feel sick and dread it for up to a week before. So, I decided, if I'm making over the rest of my life, why not that? I will focus my photography down and only shoot what I love, one on one portraits, like infants, children, senior portraits, and other one on one assignments. I don't even mind two or three people in a shot. I just hate big groups and lots of posing. I like capturing what's there naturally. That's why I only use artificial lighting when it's absolutely necessary. I like capturing what is there, and what is beautiful naturally. Natural light, natural expressions, natural poses. I figure if I can find passion and enjoyment in my work, it's worth more than any amount of money, and dreading work, can get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?