Thursday, April 14, 2011

Delicious dinner tonight...Asian Turkey Meatballs with Fried Rice and Sesame Lime Sauce


I saw these meatballs on skinny taste and knew they'd be delicious. I was so right. True, I did forget to put the egg in. But thanks to my handy dandy food processor, it turned out great without the egg and extra fat. YIPEE! You HAVE to try these. Trust me. YUM.

1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
20 oz 93% fat free ground turkey
Ginger, 1 tsp
Garlic powder, 1 tsp
Sea Salt from Grinder, 1/4 tsp
Dried Cilantro, 1 tbsp (or 1/4 cup fresh. Store was out. Lame.)
Scallions (includes tops and bulb), 3 large
Kikkoman - Less Sodium Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
Sesame Oil, 2 tsp

Slice scallions. (I used a Food Processor and it made the whole process awesome. The texture was great without using an egg, and I didn't have to touch/play around with the meat, the only part of the meatball process I hate. I quite enjoy the eating part though.) Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl or food processor. Once blended, use Cookie Scoop (again, I didn't have to touch the meat mix, and it made nicely shaped, perfect sized meatballs) to form meatballs and place them on a Silpat lined, or sprayed, cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 500 degrees. Don't overcook or they'll be dry. Serve with fried rice and sauce.

MFP nutritional info, 4 servings of 3 meatballs, each has: 247 calories 12 grams of fat 29 grams of protein 360 milligrams of sodium


I liked the idea of fried brown rice, but I didn't have any on hand, so I used white. Along with the other usual changes I make for cheapness and quickness. I also omitted the tomatoes because tomatoes in fried rice just seems wrong, and it would only add more sodium. Anyway, it turned out pretty tasty. Enjoy!

Fried Rice

White Rice, 4 cup prepared
2 Large Eggs
Scallions (includes tops and bulb), 4 large, sliced
Kikkoman - Less Sodium Soy Sauce, 2 tablespoon
Garlic powder, 1 tbsp
Olive Oil cooking spray

Prepare rice. (I used my rice cooker and made the meatballs, put them in the oven, and made the sauce while the rice cooked. Brilliant.) In a large skillet/wok, sprayed with cooking spray, scramble eggs with sliced scallions and garlic powder. Chop with spatula until eggs are in very small pieces. Add soy sauce. Add cooked rice and mix well. Serve.

MFP nutritional info, 4 servings, each has: 255 calories 3 grams of fat 8 grams of protein 325 milligrams of sodium

This sauce was super tasty and easy. It complimented the meatballs really well. Thank you skinny taste.

Sesame Lime Sauce

Kikkoman - Less Sodium Soy Sauce, 4 tablespoon
Sesame Oil, 2 tsp
Lime juice, 1 fl oz
Water, 1 fl oz
Scallions (includes tops and bulb), 1 large, sliced

Mix all ingredients. Stir well. Drizzle over meatballs while still hot. Reserve left over sauce and serve on the side if you'd like. YUM!

MFP nutritional info, 6 servings, each has: 23 calories 2 grams of fat 1 gram of protein 384 milligrams of sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?