Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cream of Potato and Bacon Soup


I first saw this as Baked Potato Soup on Skinny Taste and made some changes. I am not a bacon fan, but I love potato soup, and using turkey bacon wasn't quite as bad as the real thing. I also decided to do it in the pressure cooker, leave out the baking part, and cook the bacon into the soup for more flavor. It turned out really well. My husband and daughter loved it. I love using cauliflower in potato recipes. I do it all the time with mashed potatoes to lower calories and up vitamins. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

2 Potato, diced
Cauliflower, 1 head, large, chopped
Chicken Broth, 1.5 Cup
1% Milk, 1.5 Cup
Low Fat Sour Cream, 1/2 cup
Sharp, Shredded, Cheddar Cheese, 1/2 cup
Chives - Raw, 6 tbsp
Turkey Bacon With Sea Salt, 4 Slice
Spices - Pepper, 1 tsp
Sea Salt, 1/4 tsp

In a pressure cooker, begin to cook bacon over medium heat. When it starts to brown, add potato and cauliflower. Saute with bacon for a couple of minutes. Add broth, milk, salt, and pepper. Turn up heat and bring to boil. Apply lid. Bring pressure to second red ring. Stabilize. Cook for 15 minutes. Let pressure release using natural release method. Add sour cream. Blend together using immersion stick blender. When smooth, serve with cheese and chives. YUM!

MFP nutritional info, 4 servings, each has: 271 calories 11 grams of fat 15 grams of protein 647 milligrams of sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?