Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Savory Cottage Cheese Crepes


I had a ton of eggs to use up before they went bad, so I went looking for recipes that called for egg whites. I found this here and knew it was worth a try. My husband and I love crepes. I made a few minor adjustments, and they turned out really tasty. Enjoy!




Instant Oatmeal, 3 packets
Nonfat Cottage Cheese, 1 1/2 cups
Eggs, whites only, 3 cups
Garlic Powder, 2 tbsp
Italian Seasoning, 2 tbsp
Olive Oil Cooking Spray


Combine Oatmeal, Cottage Cheese, Egg Whites, Garlic Powder, and Italian Seasoning in a blender and mix until smooth. Add water if needed, no more than 1/4 cup. Heat skillet over medium. Spray with olive oil spray. Pour 1/2 cup of crepe mixture onto heated skillet. Tip skillet in a circular motion until mix spreads into a circular shape. Heat until bubbles cover all of the surface. Carefully and slowly flip the crepe to the other side. Heat for one to two minutes, then check. If golden brown, remove from heat. Serve with savory toppings (i.e. I used reduced fat feta, spinach, sauteed red onions, and 2 oz of deli turkey. Next time, I think I will try turkey sausage or prepared chicken breast instead of the deli meat.) Put toppings on center and fold outsides over the toppings.

MFP nutritional info for crepes (without toppings) for 12 crepes, each has: 81 calories 1 gram of fat 11 grams of protein 222 milligrams of sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?