Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Commitment to Change!

So, as you know, this site is about more than just food and weight loss. It's about overall change for the better, and getting to like myself more. It's about becoming un-frumpified in all aspects of my life. A while back, I planned on dedicating 30 days to testing out Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, but had to postpone it to April. Well, April is fast approaching and I haven't forgotten. I've also began some other plans as well. Check them out:

Exercise:

April - Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred - I will be dedicating April to testing this video. I will split the thirty days up into tens, so the first ten days I'll do level one, the second ten I will do level two, and third I will do level three. I will compare my beginning weight and measurements with my progress every ten days, with updates in between. I'm even toying with the idea of including update pictures...yikes! We'll see about that one.

May/June - This one is REALLY going to be a challenge. Ok, so, I've always had this dream in the back recesses of my mind that one day I would like to be a runner. Not just a runner, but actually run in a 5K, and maybe bigger races later. I am not a runner. But that doesn't stop me from dreaming. Then, recently, I stumbled across a program that might really assist me in obtaining this dream. It's called "Couch to 5k," or C25K. You may have heard about it. It's a program that's set up to take you from a couch potato to running a 5K in app. 9 weeks. I will be on vacation for one week in May, so I'll have to stretch it at least one extra week. Possibly more if I need more time to get in shape. Either way, I hope to start the program in May and get my start into becoming a runner. On my off days, I still plan on including some Zumba and other fun exercises. Nothing wrong with cross training, right?

Food/Diet:

I've had so much success with www.myfitnesspal.com that I plan on continuing to use it as my diet plan. It's so great. If you haven't checked it out yet, do so.

Up Keep (I didn't know what to call it):

I will continue to try to progress in the "Sink Reflections," program. I have seen it work for me, but haven't been as consistent as I need to be. I will keep working on cleaning up my life with the guidelines in this book.

Parenting:

This is an important aspect of my life I haven't mentioned much, but it is probably the largest part of my life. And it's HARD. I could use any help I can get. I've started reading about the, "Love and Logic," method. I'm currently reading, "Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years." I hope to study it more and start implementing it with my toddler. As soon as my baby is old enough, I will start young with her. I will let you know if this helps me in maintaining my sanity.

Education:

I've already graduated college, but I believe in always learning new things. I want to learn to use the surger and sewing machines my husband bought me for past holidays. I've always wanted to learn, and I can do some things, but I want to get better. And, I can't wait to recycle a bunch of old t-shirts and jeans into useful products.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! You are amazing with your lofty and productive goals. I love your ideas! Especially the tasty recipes and photos! The Love and Logic Magic is especially effective; but takes practice and constant effort to implement. I still review and reread because I forget important principles. I have seen significant changes at our house as I give choices and allow consequences. Also, being consistent and not giving "chances" (if you do that one more time...) is difficult but HUGE in changing negative behaviors! Good Luck! The effort is worth the result!

    ReplyDelete

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?