Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Monday all you Beautiful People!

I FINALLY was able to exercise again today and not die coughing. I only did the Wii Fit Free Step for 30 minutes, but it felt good. I also weighed in...GOOD NEWS! I've lost 3 more pounds, shockingly. That's 10.2 altogether since starting my journey to un-frumpiness! I have a long way to go, but you have to celebrate every small victory. I'm still not well enough to start my 30 Day Shred mission, I'm thinking of incorporating lots of other exercise to lose 10lbs in March, and then dedicating April to my 30 Day Shred, since I missed my starting point this month.

Also, I've decided to start a non-food related project to help me on my journey. I have A LOT of clothes I don't wear, and amongst the slue, I have many FRUMPY old t-shirts. It's so hard not to just throw on sweats and one of those shirts every morning. So, to kill the temptation, I've decided to get rid of most of my t-shirts (I'll allow myself to save a few for working out.) I'm not a person who likes to waste though, so, I've decided to salvage them by cutting out the graphic side of my shirts and using them to make a big picnic blanket for this spring/summer. My husband bought me a surger a while ago, and I've been dying to learn how to use it. I figured this would be a fun and useful project. I will post pictures and updates as I go. YAY! One step closer to becoming un-frumpy. When I lose fifty pounds, I'm promising myself a weekend for ME, shopping included. I'm planning on getting rid of a lot of clothes I don't/can't wear and donating them to Deseret Industries or Goodwill. An empty closet will be great motivation to lose the weight and fill it up with un-frumpy new clothes!

Also, on the agenda for tonight and this week: Tonight I will be utilizing some of that canned tuna I seem to stock up on for NO reason. I will be making a healthy, low fat, veggie packed tuna salad that is quite delicious. I am not a seafood, or tuna, fan, but I do like this salad. Pictures to come. I will also be making a recipe I created tomorrow, turkey meatloaf with spinach and feta. It's so good. And, SO low calorie/fat. The next day, I will be using more feta in some delicious stuffed tomatoes. make sure to check in for recipes and reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?