Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicken and Pesto Pasta


Try this one for sure! It's not the healthiest meal I've posted, but it's definitely very quick and very tasty! I needed a last minute dinner idea, and luckily I had everything on hand for this. Things I almost always have on hand: frozen boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, whole wheat pasta, and shredded parmesan. My husband's first response to this thrown together meal was, "ah, this reminds me of Italy." Nice. One thing the Italians get right: keep it simple. And pretty much everything else when it comes to food, in my opinion.
Buon Appetito!







whole wheat rotini, 2 cups dry
basil pesto, 1/2 cup
cooked and cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1 pound
yellow onion, diced, 1/4 of whole onion
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
olive oil cooking spray
garlic powder, 1 tbsp
basil, 1 tsp

Boil pasta according to directions on box. Drain. In a pan, saute onion until tender. Add cubed, prepared chicken. Add spices and 1/4 - 1/2 cup water. Cook until water evaporates. Add drained noodles to the pan. Spray once with olive oil cooking spray. Stir. Add pesto and parmesan to pan. Stir to coat. Serve.

MFP nutritional info for 4 servings, each has: 439 calories per serving 22 grams of fat 35 grams of protein 426 milligrams of sodium

1 comment:

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?