Monday, March 14, 2011

A New Day, A New Commitment! Another step closer to UN-FRUMPY!

Hello all you beautiful people! And YOU ARE beautiful.

So, lately there's been a whole lot of what I'm eating on here, but not a lot else about other tools I'm using on my journey. Today, that is changing.

I've had a book ever since my wedding that I've picked up, about once a year, read two or three pages of the first chapter, and got discourage and gave up. Pathetic, I know. Today, I saw that book sitting on my headboard as I was cleaning my room (gasp, I was actually cleaning, hurrah!) Determined, I picked that book up and read the whole first chapter. And I am committed.

This isn't a fiction novel, or a nonfiction novel, or any kind of just for entertainment book. This book is a sort of self-help book to help girls like me get organized, and CLEAN! It's called, "Sink Reflections," by Marla Cilley - The FlyLady. I am pumped. Pumped, and a little nervous, but mostly pumped.

Perhaps why I've been intimidated so much in the past is because when the first chapter addresses stay-at-home mom's in their underwear/bathrobe all day, taking naps, everything, I was ashamed at how close that hit to home. But I'm ready to not be that person anymore, I'm ready to FLY, as the book says.

I'm starting this leg of the journey today, and I'll let you know how it goes. If you've read the book and have comments or suggestions for me or anyone who reads this, please comment. Thanks!

(Also, in case you were wondering, dinner tonight is Cabbage and Split Pea Soup with Italian Cheese Biscuits. The soup doesn't sound that appealing, but trust me, it's delicious. And, good for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?