Sunday, February 20, 2011

Well Hello!

So, I had a brilliant idea while sitting at home, sick. I should start a blog. I understand that there is a good possibility that NO ONE will ever read it, but I should start it for me. You see, I am on a journey. I'm sure many of you imaginary readers can relate to it: I am currently a frumpy mama. I am on the path to becoming un-frumpy. And I want to write about it.

One of the big changes I've made in my day to day life is menu planning for my family. I used to make really tasty meals, but they were very reoccurring and not so much based on their nutritional value as on making my husband drool. So, I'm trying to find and change and create healthy recipes that will still make my husband think I'm awesome, but also fulfill some of my family's nutritional needs. Just tonight, I made a whole wheat pasta primavera with smoked gouda and parmesan. It was so tasty, and really light compared to other past pasta options. I regret not taking a picture before it was inhaled. I will do so in the future.

Another big change, EXERCISE. I know, the dreaded get off the couch and work it out. I have discovered that as much as that word used to strike dread in my heart, every time I work out and get some sweat pumping, I feel fabulous. Well, as soon as I shower afterwards I feel fabulous. Watching my calorie intake and exercising has actually infused me with a sense of power and control in my life. I am in charge of my body, and not the other way around.

My goal: to make healthy eating and exercising a regular way of life. And, in doing so, get to the point where I can walk into a store and see those cute jeans that would have never fit me in the past and pour my un-frumpy butt into them and look HOT. So, if you are on a similar journey and would like to join me, please do. I will be posting recipes, and reviews of tools I'm using, and pictures, and all that good stuff. I hope to hear from you along the way.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Jordon! I look forward to following along with you!

    ReplyDelete

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?