Sunday, February 20, 2011

My First Review: www.myfitnesspal.com

All I have to say is, I'm in love.

1.) It's free.

2.) Feedback has always been super motivating and positive.

3.) I'm always aware of what I'm eating i.e. how many calories, how much sodium, how much sugar, is it a waste of my calories for today, etc. I want to eat healthier.

4.) the food database is awesome. I rarely have to enter anything. And, it's easy to do so if I have to. And, I can even enter my own recipes and it tells me the calories, etc.

5.) It tells me what my daily intake should be, figuring in how much I want to lose and how fast, and it adds back in the calories I need for breast-feeding, and rewards me for exercising with calories. So nice.

6.) Not only does it make me pay attention to my caloric intake and exercise, it helps me track my water and motivates me to drink more of it.

7.) It let everyone know how awesome I am by showing how many calories I burned and how, and how much weight I've lost. Even how many days in a row I've logged in. I CAN'T go a day without logging in. It is the facebook of weight management.

8.) Last but not least, I lost 7.2 pounds in the first three weeks. Boo-freakin-yah baby. And I never felt like I was starving.

If you're on the path to becoming un-frumpy and you haven't checked this site out, DO IT! (And no, I received no payment from them to post this. I wouldn't object though...ha ha ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm

Low Cal, Low fat, Slow Cooker Chili....mmmm
Check out the steam coming from the slow cooker!

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Served with my Italian Cheese Biscuits...if you want the recipe ask.

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Chicken
NOT a food photographer, ha ha ha. Hopefully I'll get better.

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients for Vegetable Lo Mein
Aren't those veggies pretty?